As v3 is still in development we haven’t done any benchmarking.
If you are looking for a simple pipeline handler, Stratigility is the one (used to be Conduit). Expressive adds routing, templating and a container to Stratigility.
Of those 25 packages, there is:
- 1 skeleton that installs everything for you to get started, after that it uninstalls itself.
- 3 renderers of which you only install 1, if you need templating
- 3 routers of which you only install 1, unless you need stratigility and it’s pipeline only.
- zend-expressive-tooling which adds cli commands to speed up development
- zend-expressive-hal, which adds optionally HAL support for API’s
- 10 packages related to sessions, authentication and authorization, which are all optionally and these were added after expressive v2 I think.
So if you are concerned about speed you don’t need to install all the optional packages. Under the hood Stratigility and Expressive have had a major rework and we are pretty sure there will be a performance improvement over version 2.